Each year, we employ a staff of between 6 – 8 full-timers and a number of part-timers between June/July and Labour Day weekend to guide our tours and work around the shop. Pay rate varies depending on experience from $10.50 / hr to $13 / hr. In order to qualify, you must meet the following requirements:
- be over the age of 18
- hold a valid driver’s licence (Class 4 is preferred and a copy is required)
- have current First Aid certification (a copy is required)
- have current CPR certification (a copy is required)
- Paddle Canada intro to sea kayaking skills or equivalent
- attend our guide training course in mid-June (dates TBA)
Other valuable skills include:
- a second language
- previous sea kayaking or other guiding experience
- an interest in history, both cultural and natural
- own transportation
- the ability to work with a team
If you think you qualify, please email a resume headed “Employment Possibilities” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hiring is done from late April to late May. Please include references on your resume. PEI, NS and NB residents are especially encouraged to apply.
We look forward to hearing from you!